2019 Profile in Courage Scholarship
Scholarship Deadline: January 18, 2019
Scholarship Value: $10,000
Number of Scholarships - 7
The 2019 Profile in Courage Scholarship is open to United States high school students in grades nine through twelve attending public, private, parochial, or home schools.
1) The contest deadline is January 18, 2019.
2) Essays can be no more than 1,000 words but must be a minimum of 700 words. Citations and bibliography are not included in the word count.
3) Essays must be the original work of the student.
4) John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, and Edward M. Kennedy are not eligible subjects for essays.
5) Essays must describe an act of political courage by a U.S. elected official who served during or after 1917, the year John F. Kennedy was born. The official may have addressed an issue at the local, state, or national level. See Contest Topic and Information and Helpful Tips for Writing Your Essay for more information.
6) Essays about past recipients of the Profile in Courage Award will be disqualified unless they describe an act of political courage other than the act for which the award was given.