Eagle Scout Scholarship
Scholarship Deadline: April 1, 2018
Scholarship Value: $10,000
Number of Scholarships - 4
The Eagle Scout of the Year is awarded at the national convention with a $10,000 scholarship. The three runners-up get $2,500.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
1. Be a registered, active member of a Boy Scout Troop, Varsity Scout Team, or Venturing Crew chartered to an American Legion post, American Legion Auxiliary unit or Sons of The American Legion squadron. OR
2. Be a registered, active member of a chartered Boy Scout Troop, Varsity Scout Team, or Venturing Crew, and the son or grandson of a Legionnaire or Auxiliary member. AND
3. Received the Eagle Scout Award.
4. Be an active member of his religious institution and must have received the appropriate Boy Scout religious emblem.
5. Have demonstrated practical citizenship in church, school, Scouting, and community.
6. Have reached his 15th birthday and be enrolled in high school at the time of selection.
7. Reside in the department (state) to which he applies