International Housewares Association Scholarship
Scholarship Deadline: December 18, 2017
Scholarship Value: $5,000
Number of Scholarships - 10
Undergraduate and graduate industrial design students enrolled in a degree program at any university in North America or other countries may enter. Spring 2017 graduates are eligible if the product was completed before graduation. A student may enter more than one project. Team projects are allowed. If a team project is selected as a winner, IHA pays for travel for one student and the team splits the cash award.
What are the Awards?
1) Judges allocate $12,000 in cash prizes. An additional $3,000 is donated to the winners' schools.
2) Winning projects are displayed in the Hall of Global Innovation at the International Home and Housewares Show (March 10-13 McCormick Place, Chicago).
3) Winners receive travel, per diems and lodging for six nights (Thursday March, 8 - Wednesday, March 14). If a winner is from a school outside North America, IHA pays for travel from a U.S. location. Winners must be available for the exhibit and media.
4) Winners will be notified by phone by January 30, 2018.
5) Honorable Mentions receive a small cash award. They are not required to attend the Show. Honorable Mentions are included in media information and their entry booklets are on view in the student display.