Louie Family Foundation Scholarships
Scholarship Deadline: March 31, 2018
Scholarship Value: $4,000
Number of Scholarships - 25
To be considered for the Louie Family Foundation Scholarships, an applicant is required to:
1) Be a freshman in the 2018-2019 academic year and anticipate enrolling at a U.S. accredited college/university in the 2018-2019 academic year.
2) Have a cumulative, un-weighted grade point average between 3.5 and 4.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). Students not on a 4.0 grading scale must convert their GPA to a 4.0 scale before submitting an application to the Foundation.
3) Have a minimum SAT score of 1200 (out of 1600) or 1800 (out of 2400) or a minimum ACT score of 25. However, if you did not take the SAT or the ACT because the school you will be attending in the fall of 2018 does not require such test scores, please so indicate in the application form. The Foundation will verify this with the school prior to any award.
4) Have at least two reference letters, one of which must be from a current or former teacher in an academic subject.
5) Submit an essay as further described in this application.
6) Have applied to a U.S. college/university, either full-time or substantial part-time, and plan to enroll in a minimum of two terms for the school year (verified by submitting a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university as soon such acceptance letter is available).
7) Submit to interviews in person or by phone/Skype, if requested.