Scholarship Deadline: October 31, 2018 Scholarship Value: $30,000 Number of Scholarships - 1
To be eligible for the Louis Stokes Educational Scholarship Program you must be:
1) Current high school senior or enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a university or college.
2) A minimum cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or above, and 3.0 for freshman and sophomores at the time of application.
3) Minimum SAT score of 1000 on the verbal and quantitative portion plus a minimum of 500 on the writing portion OR a minimum ACT composite score of 21 for those applying as secondary school seniors.
4) Demonstrated leadership abilities as evidenced by extracurricular student activities, a high degree of civic involvement, volunteer work, or part-time employment.
5) Financial need as demonstrated by the household income ceiling of $70,000 for a family of four and $80,000 for a family of five or more.
6) US citizenship of applicant and all members of the immediate family. Please be aware that security clearances cannot be granted to applicants who hold dual citizenship. All finalists must pass a drug screening test. All applicants conditionally selected for internships and all DIA employees are subject to initial and periodic counterintelligence (CI)-scope polygraph tests.
7) Please note that the security clearance processing and drug screening test cannot be conducted while the applicant is overseas.
8) Additional requirements which may include written assessment exercises and interviews telephonically or in person may be required for finalists.