Microsoft disAbility Scholarship
Scholarship Deadline: March 15, 2018
Scholarship Value: $20,000
Number of Scholarships - 10
This Microsoft disAbility Scholarship will be awarded to promising high school seniors who plan to attend a vocational or academic college and have a financial need.
The amount of this renewable scholarship to be awarded is $5,000 per year, up to $20,000. The scholarship is paid through the Seattle Foundation on behalf of the disAbility Employee Resource Group (ERG) at Microsoft to the recipient's school's Financial Aid Office.
To be considered for the Microsoft disAbility Scholarship, you must:
1) Be a current high school senior with living with a disAbility (as defined by WHO), whether that be visual, hearing, mobility, cognitive, speech or other disAbility.
2) Plan to attend an undergraduate program in a 2 or 4-year University/College or Technical College in the fall of the academic year following high-school graduation. Schools must be in the USA or have a USA-Affiliate for financial transactions (contact Seattle Foundation to verify non-USA school's eligibility).
3) Declare a major in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, law, business, or a related field (e.g. paralegal, pre-law, finance, business administration, or marketing).
4) Demonstrate a passion for technology.
5) Demonstrate leadership at school and/or in the community.
6) Have a high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
7) Require financial assistance to attend college.
8) Enrollment status must be full-time or half time.