Dr Juan Andrade Jr. Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by United States Hispanic Leadership Institute
Since 1982, USHLI has awarded over $1.5 million in scholarships and internships to students from disenfranchised groups. Most notably, the Dr. Juan Andrade Jr. Scholarship for young Hispanic Leaders seeks to recognize Hispanic students who share Dr. Andrade’s lifelong commitment to servant leadership. Application deadline November 30, 2023 @ 11:59 PM CT
Recipients will receive a non-renewable scholarship:
- An academic scholarship ($1,000 for a 4-year institution or $500 for a 2-year institution) for undergraduate students.
- A complimentary registration to attend the 2024 USHLI National Conference
Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as full-time undergraduate students, in an accredited four-year or two-year institution in the U.S. or U.S. territories, and demonstrate a verifiable need for financial support. At least one parent must be of Hispanic ancestry. Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply (DACA or Undocumented). Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students for the Fall 2024 – Spring 2025 academic year. This includes high school seniors, college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors up to age 25.
- Tell us about your background – In 500-1,000 words, submit a self-description including your family history (parents/guardian, siblings), life, and/or work experiences that have influenced you. Finally, describe your most significant achievement? Did you overcome any obstacles or challenges? If so, how?
- Leadership Essay – Submit a 500-1,000 word essay on the future of Latinx (Hispanics) in America, the kind of leadership needed, and any role you hope to play in providing such leadership. How will this benefit your community? What can USHLI do to help you achieve your goals?
- Optional Essay – What else would you like to share with us, relevant to your application being selected for this scholarship?
- Portrait Picture – Applicants must submit a recent photograph (high-resolution, color, size: 2.5 x 3.5 ratios, PNG, JPG, or GIF). The picture should be suitable (headshot) for use in any printed literature announcing the recipients. Selfies are not accepted.
- Resume – Applicants must submit a one-page resume in PDF format of their work experience, academic accomplishments, and other relevant information.
- Unofficial Transcript – Applicants must submit the most updated transcript (College freshmen please submit your high school transcript). All transcripts must be uploaded as a PDF document in the application.
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal...View Details Be Bold Scholarship - $25,000
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details Big Future Scholarship - $40,000
The Scholarship Program is open to seniors in high school...View Details ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application...View Details CollegeXpress Scholarship - $10,000
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details Niche $50,000 Scholarship - $50,000
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without...View Details SP Scholarship - $2,500
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students...View Details CX Candy Corn Scholarship - $1,000
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details Cappex Easy Money Scholarship - $1,000
The Cappex scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship...View Details Niche 2K No Essay College Scholarship - $2,000
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools...View Details 10 Words or Less Scholarship - $1,000
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25...View Details