Chief Manuelito Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Office of Navajo Nation Scholarship and Financial Assistance
The Navajo Nation established the Chief Manuelito Scholarship program in 1980 to recognize high achieving high school graduates. The scholarship honors Chief Manuelito, Hastiin Ch’ilhaajiin, (1818-1893) who encouraged the Navajo people to seek education and protect and preserve Navajo tradition and culture Students meeting the criteria for the Chief Manuelito Scholarship are awarded $7,000 per academic year to cover direct educational expenses associated with attending a post-secondary institution. Chief Manuelito Scholarship recipients are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA and earn 12 or more semester credit hours, based on college-level graded courses, for each academic term.
High School Graduates – Eligibility
- High School graduates with a minimum ACT (SAT scores will be converted) composite score and a minimum GPA are compared:
- A high school graduate with below 3.0 GPA in not eligible or a ACT score below 21
- A high school graduate with 3.0 GPA must have 29+ ACT score
- A high school graduate 3.1 GPA must have 28+ ACT score
- A high school graduate 3.2 GPA must have 27+ ACT score
- A high school graduate 3.3 GPA must have 26+ ACT score
- A high school graduate 3.4 GPA must have 25+ ACT score
- A high school graduate 3.5 GPA must have 24+ ACT score
- A high school graduate 3.6 GPA must have 23+ ACT score
- A high school graduate 3.7 GPA must have 22+ ACT score
- A high school graduate 3.8 GPA must have 21+ ACT score
2. Completion of required courses including Navajo Language (1 unit high school credit or 1+ college credit) and Navajo Government (.5 unit high school credit or 1+ college credit) prior to high school graduation date.
3.Students, who do not have access to either Navajo Language or Navajo government classes, have online options to fulfill the requirement. Fees apply to both and are the sole responsibility of the applicant. The ONNSFA is not obligated to pay for courses.
- Rosetta Stone Navajo Language Exam: Score 85 percent or better on the Navajo Language Renaissance (NLR) exam to fulfill the Navajo language requirement.
- American Academy: Complete coursework from American Academy to fulfill the Navajo government and/or language requirement.
24/3 Rule for Undergraduates – Eligibility
Full-time undergraduates also may qualify upon meeting the following criteria:
- Completion of 24 semester college-level credit hours (or equivalent trimester or quarter credit hours) with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Students seeking an Associate of Applied Science, Bachelors of Applied Science or Certificate are not eligible as the scholarship is limited to college-level courses.
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the...View Details Sallie Mae "No Essay" Scholarship - $2,000
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal...View Details Be Bold Scholarship - $25,000
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details Big Future Scholarship - $40,000
The Scholarship Program is open to seniors in high school...View Details Niche $50,000 Scholarship - $50,000
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without...View Details CollegeXpress Scholarship - $10,000
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details Appily Easy Money Scholarship - $1,000
The Appily scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship...View Details ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application...View Details SP Scholarship - $2,500
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students...View Details Holiday Wishlist Scholarship - $500
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details Niche 2K No Essay College Scholarship - $2,000
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools...View Details