Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship for Autism
Scholarship Sponsored by Perecman Firm P.L.L.C.
All of us at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., were touched by the story of 14-year-old Avonte Oquendo, an autistic boy who went missing after he wandered away from school in 2013. The outpouring of support and assistance that accompanied the search for Avonte was unprecedented. Although Avonte tragically did not make it home alive, we want to show the same support for the autistic community in memory of this extraordinary young man. That is why The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., is offering a $5,000 scholarship for a student living with autism, or whose loved one is living with autism.
The Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship is open to high-achieving students who meet two key criteria:
- Either you or a close family member has been diagnosed with a form of autism, including Asperger syndrome, and
- Applicant must be an enrolled student at an accredited college, university, or vocational school, or be accepted to begin school at an accredited college, university, or vocational school in the semester for which the application is being offered.
Additionally, applicants should submit an essay on one of the topics listed below with a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1,000 words.
Our hope is that this scholarship will help offset the financial burden of attending school for a deserving student who is facing unique challenges because of autism spectrum disorder (ASD). We hope that all eligible students will apply, and look forward to bestowing this grant.
- Tell us about a time that you have had to overcome an obstacle as a person with autism that other people would not have had to face.
- Explain how your loved one’s autism has affected you and how you have adapted to help them.
- Answer this question: What do you feel is the biggest obstacle holding back people with autism today?
- Applicant must be an enrolled undergraduate student at an accredited college, university, vocational school, or be accepted to begin school as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university for the Fall 2023 semester.
- Applicant must submit their most recent official or unofficial transcript (i.e. high school, college, or post-graduate)
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal...View Details Be Bold Scholarship - $25,000
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details Big Future Scholarship - $40,000
The Scholarship Program is open to seniors in high school...View Details ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application...View Details CollegeXpress Scholarship - $10,000
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details Niche $50,000 Scholarship - $50,000
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without...View Details SP Scholarship - $2,500
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students...View Details CX Candy Corn Scholarship - $1,000
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details Cappex Easy Money Scholarship - $1,000
The Cappex scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship...View Details Niche 2K No Essay College Scholarship - $2,000
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools...View Details 10 Words or Less Scholarship - $1,000
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25...View Details