Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program
Scholarship Sponsored by Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
The Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is the largest undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend the nation’s best four-year colleges and universities. In addition to the monetary award, Cooke Scholars receive comprehensive educational advising, significant cohort-based programming, and graduate school funding, as well as a thriving network of nearly 3,200 fellow Cooke Scholars and Alumni.
Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
This highly competitive scholarship includes:
- Up to $55,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school
- Ability to pursue any area of study
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the college student experience
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Senior standing – Plan to graduate from a U.S. high school in spring 2024.
- Fall College Enrollment – Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2024.
- GPA – Earn a minimum, cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Demonstrate Unmet Financial Need – We will consider applicants with family annual gross income up to $95,000. During the selection process, the Foundation will conduct a full financial review which will take into account all income and assets of the student and the student’s parents.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation reviews each College Scholarship Program application individually with the assistance of a committee of educational professionals from across the nation. The criteria used in the selection process are:
- Academic ability and achievement: Maintains a strong academic record and receives outstanding recommendations from teachers, shows a desire to be challenged, and demonstrates enthusiasm for learning. Eligible applicants must have a minimum, cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5.
- Leadership: Motivates others, takes initiative, and contributes positively to the community.
- Persistence: Exhibits determination when faced with obstacles, goal-oriented, and confronts challenges with an ability to adapt to change.
- Unmet financial need: We will consider applicants with a maximum annual gross income of $95,000. Last year’s cohort of new College Scholarship recipients had a median family income of approximately $34,000. During the selection process, the Foundation will conduct a full financial review which will take into account all income and assets of the student and the student’s parents.
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the...View Details Sallie Mae "No Essay" Scholarship - $2,000
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal...View Details Be Bold Scholarship - $25,000
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details Niche $25,000 Scholarship - $25,000
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without...View Details ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application...View Details SP Scholarship - $2,500
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students...View Details 10 Words or Less Scholarship - $1,000
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25...View Details