Black Achievers Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Morehead State University
For the 2022 fall semester Morehead State University (MSU) will be offering 6 Black Achiever Scholarships valued at full-tuition. To be eligible for one of these prestigious scholarships, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. Be unconditionally admitted to MSU as an entering freshman or as a transfer student with less than 24 total semester hours
2. Be a legal resident of Kentucky
3. Have completed the Black Achievers Program in Lexington or Louisville, Kentucky.
4. Have a minimum ACT composite score of 18 or higher (or SAT combined score of 860 or higher)
5. Have an admission index of at least 500
6. Submit a completed Undergraduate Admissions Application Packet (admission application form, applicable transcript(s), test scores (ACT or SAT) and a completed Black Achiever Scholarship Application post marked by the December 1, 2021 priority deadline.
Applicants should submit their application materials as early as possible to ensure consideration, as funds are limited for these prestigious, highly-competitive scholarships.
Recipients of the Black Achiever Scholarship will be selected after the December 1, 2021 application deadline. All applicants will be notified in writing of their application status after final review of applications has been completed. Please note that finalists will be contacted for an interview.
The Black Achiever Scholarship may be received for a total duration of 8 consecutive semesters if the recipient maintains a minimum cumulative 3.00 MSU GPA, maintains continuous fulltime enrollment with MSU for fall and spring semesters, participates in required programs accompanying this scholarship (DREAMS and Student Brand Ambassadors), and requires on campus housing for at least 4 semesters.