South Florida Fair Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by South Florida Fair
The South Florida Fair & Palm Beach County Expositions, Inc. is proud to annually award $50,000 in scholarships to students who have exhibited a desire to further their education. Our purpose is to encourage young people, who might not otherwise have an opportunity, to pursue a college education.
1. Applicant must have completed his/her junior year in high school, be a permanent resident of Florida, and reside in one of the following counties: Broward, Hendry, Martin, Okeechobee or Palm Beach.
2. Additional credit will be given if the applicant is, or has been, a participant in the South Florida Fair's activities. Activities may consist of judging events, exhibits, or any other activity acceptable to the Scholarship Committee.
3. Membership in 4-H or FFA is NOT required.
4. The awards will be presented during the annual South Florida Fair in January.
5. The scholarship must be used at, and must be paid to, an accredited college, university, or trade school. It will not be paid to the applicant.
6. The selection committee may require a personal interview with the applicant.
7. Advertising and promotional agencies, sponsors, Trustees, Directors, staff of the South Florida Fair and their immediate family members, and/or those living in the same household, are ineligible to apply.
8. Essay is required. "Describe something you're passionate about. How do you learn more about it and what makes it so appealing?" (200 words or fewer).
9. Two letters of recommendation are required.
10. High School Transcript is required.