Ohio 4-H Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Ohio 4-H Foundation
Ohio 4-H recognizes and rewards individual excellence, whether it is in project work, leadership, citizenship or community service. Ohio 4-H Scholarships were established in 1976 in order to help young people become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society. In addition to the scholarships listed below, individual counties may also offer county-based scholarships. Please check with your local extension office for a listing of county scholarships available. To qualify for the scholarships below you must fill out the college scholarship application by February 15.
Both incoming freshmen and enrolled students are encouraged to fill out this application as completely as possible to be considered for financial aid for which they might be eligible. The information you provide will help the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences award scholarships that have specific criteria. The required personal statement is used by reviewers to determine scholarship recipients.
Scholarships are awarded for one academic year only. Submit the application every year you wish to be considered for scholarships. Please note: Priority consideration is given to students who submit the scholarship application by February 15. Applications submitted after this date are considered if funding is available.
Apply for admission to Ohio State before you start this application.
Information from your admission application, such as your major, GPA, rank, etc. will be considered when reviewing this application and making scholarship award decisions.
Criteria, Instructions, and Application
In addition to personal information, before beginning this 4-H Scholarship Application please make sure you have the following items available.
- High school Grade Point Average (GPA) and rank
- Academic honors you have received
- If you are or will be an Ohio State student, your OSU username.# and ID# can be found on your receipt of admission application email
- Information about your current or anticipated college or university (name, city, state)
- Intended academic major
- Detailed information about your major 4-H leadership roles; you should know the names of the roles, the years, level(s), duties and accomplishments
- Detailed information about major 4-H honors that you have received
- Information about your educational, career, or personal goals and what impact 4-H has had on those ambitions
- Personal statement explaining why a 4-H scholarship would be important to you achieving a college education AND how 4-H has contributed to your personal development, leadership and other skills and to your likely success in life
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the...View Details Sallie Mae "No Essay" Scholarship - $2,000
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal...View Details Be Bold Scholarship - $25,000
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details Niche $25,000 Scholarship - $25,000
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without...View Details ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application...View Details SP Scholarship - $2,500
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students...View Details 10 Words or Less Scholarship - $1,000
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25...View Details