Edison Scholars Program
Scholarship Sponsored by Edison International
The Edison Scholars Program recognizes students who want to be makers of tomorrow — the dreamers, inventors, guardians and pioneers — those who dare to be great.
This year, Edison International will award $50,000 college scholarships to 30 high school seniors to help them follow their dreams in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) and empower them to change the world.
This is a chance for students with big dreams to advance their education and take part in shaping a brighter future.
Edison International has awarded more than $13.5 million in scholarships to 730 students through the Edison Scholars program since 2006.
Here’s the rundown of requirements:
- Must be a high school senior with at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA, plan to pursue studies in the STEM fields at a four-year accredited college or university and show financial need.
- Eligible STEM majors include computer and information systems, engineering, engineering technology, management information systems, mathematics, natural resources and conservation and physical sciences.
- Applicants must live in Southern California Edison’s service territory.
- The top 50 finalists will be required to submit a short video and potentially participate in a final interview. Don’t stress, these are just ways to get to know you better.
- Dependents of Edison International and SCE employees and retirees are not eligible.
Up to thirty (30) awards of $12,500 per year, totaling $50,000 over four years, will be granted. Awards are renewable for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance and continued full-time enrollment in one of the designated fields of study at a four-year college and the continuation of the program by Edison International. Renewal awards from prior years will continue to be honored under the original terms of those awards and are not affected by any changes.
All Edison Scholars recipients are eligible for a paid summer internship with Southern California Edison upon completing the first year of school. Scholars must meet the minimum eligibility requirements and complete the required hiring screening.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Recipients attending a United States Military Academy will receive a one time non renewable award.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Financial need
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- A statement of educational and career goals and objectives
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
- An online recommendation
Preference will be given to students who are in the first generation in their family to attend college.
This is a competitive program. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as finalists. Not all finalists to the program will be selected as recipients. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.Go to Scholarship Application
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details Common App Scholarship - $2,000
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the...View Details Big Future Scholarship - $40,000
The Scholarship Program is open to seniors in high school...View Details "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship - $2,000
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you...View Details "No Essay" Smart Owl Scholarship - $2,222
To be eligible for the No Essay Smart Owl Scholarship:A)...View Details CollegeXpress Scholarship - $10,000
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details Points Scholarship - $2,500
*Note that this scholarship has been updated as of September...View Details Niche $50,000 Scholarship - $50,000
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without...View Details Cappex Easy Money Scholarship - $1,000
The Cappex scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship...View Details CollegeXpress No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details