American Rocketry Challenge
Scholarship Sponsored by National Association of Rocketry
The American Rocketry Challenge is the world’s largest rocket contest with nearly 5,000 students nationwide competing each year. The contest gives middle and high school students the opportunity to design, build and launch model rockets and hands-on experience solving engineering problems.
ARC is organized by the Aerospace Industries Association and the National Association of Rocketry with the support of over a dozen aerospace company sponsors and partnerships with organizations including NASA and the Federal Aviation Administration. The annual challenge is the aerospace industry’s flagship program designed to encourage students to pursue academic and career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math.
What are the Rules
- Teams are made up of 3 to 10 students between 6th and 12th grade, a supervisor, and an official Rocketry Challenge mentor.
- The rules vary slightly each year to provide a new challenge to competitors. The 2024 Rules require teams to design, build, and launch a model rocket that carries one raw egg to an altitude of 820 feet, stays airborne for 43 - 46 seconds, and return the rocket to the ground safely with the egg intact.
What is I Don't Know Much About Rocketry
The American Rocketry Challenge features a nationwide network of aerospace professionals and rocketry experts from the National Association of Rocketry and the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics who are willing and available to mentor your team. These mentors can help with the organizing, rocket building, and career pathway exploration.
What Happens When We Win
- After official qualification flights are submitted, the top 100 teams are invited to attend the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- Teams competing at the Finals aim to capture their share of more than $100,000 in cash prizes. There are also special awards for activities throughout the day.
- The team that places first at the National Finals wins an all-expenses-paid trip to represent the United States in the International Rocketry Challenge, hosted at the Farnborough Air Show in London, UK in July 2024. The United States Rocketry Team competes against the winning teams from Japan, the United Kingdom, and France.
To encourage students to spend more time preparing for the...View Details Sallie Mae "No Essay" Scholarship - $2,000
The $2,000 Sallie Mae Scholarship is only open to legal...View Details Be Bold Scholarship - $25,000
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details Big Future Scholarship - $40,000
The Scholarship Program is open to seniors in high school...View Details Niche $50,000 Scholarship - $50,000
Covering the cost of college expenses for four years without...View Details CollegeXpress Scholarship - $10,000
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details Appily Easy Money Scholarship - $1,000
The Appily scholarship application is fast and easy.Scholarship Eligibility: This scholarship...View Details ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application...View Details SP Scholarship - $2,500
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students...View Details Holiday Wishlist Scholarship - $500
Since 1995, our mission has been to help connect students...View Details Niche 2K No Essay College Scholarship - $2,000
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools...View Details