Regeneron Science Talent Search
Scholarship Sponsored by Society for Science
Regeneron STS has identified future leaders in STEM since 1942. High school seniors living in the United States, and US citizens living abroad, who have completed independent research projects are encouraged to apply online for the chance to win up to $250,000!
Started in 1942 as the Westinghouse Science Talent Search, the Regeneron Science Talent Search (Regeneron STS) recognizes and empowers our nation’s most promising young scientists who are developing ideas that could solve society’s most urgent challenges.
Each year, nearly 1,900 students enter the Regeneron STS, submitting original research in critically important scientific fields of study. Unique among high school competitions, the Regeneron STS focuses on identifying, inspiring, and engaging the most promising scientists among the nation’s high school seniors.
Interested students must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed below in order to apply to Regeneron STS.
1. Applicants must:
a. be over 13 years of age and have legal parental or guardian consent to submit the application and participate, OR
b. be 18 years of age or older, OR
c. be an emancipated minor.
2. On the application deadline, applicants must be:
a. A student (of any citizenship) who is enrolled in and attending the 12th grade/their last year of secondary school (public, private, parochial, or home school) who maintains residence in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Wake and Midway Islands, or the Marianas, OR
b. A United States citizen enrolled in their final year of secondary school on the application deadline date attending a:
i. Department of Defense Dependents School or an accredited overseas American or International School, OR
ii. foreign school as an exchange student, OR
iii. foreign school because their parent(s)/guardian(s) are temporarily working and living abroad.
c. Proof of citizenship and school accreditation is required for 2b (above).
3. Applicants must be in their final year of high school, completing high school courses required for college applications, must not have graduated from high school before the Regeneron STS application deadline, and must not have entered any previous STS.
a. Students who are uncertain of their graduation year at the time of entry must notify the Society by December 15, 2022 to either withdraw their application due to continued uncertainty, or confirm that they will graduate in the 2022/2023 academic year.
4. Applicants must complete individual research projects to enter Regeneron STS. Research conducted as part of a pre-collegiate student team project is not eligible for Regeneron STS. This includes any research or portion of research regardless of whether it has or will be submitted to any competition. To remain eligible and collect Regeneron STS awards, the following statements must remain true about the submitted research project until June 1, 2023:
a. Students may not “split” a team project and enter it in Regeneron STS as individuals. Students also may not within the time between submission to Regeneron STS in November 2022 and June 2023 combine individual research submitted to Regeneron STS and present it as a team in competition, publications or any forum.
b. Should a student wish to continue work on a team project as an individual, they may only submit the work completed without the original student partner(s).
c. Research conducted alongside adult researchers in a research institution is permitted, but clarity and adequate knowledge of an individual’s role and independence vs. work being done by the collective laboratory throughout the application is vital. Consideration should be given to the extent to which the research qualifies as independent research, given the student and adult responsibilities.
5. Children of Society for Science employees, Trustees, Regeneron Science Talent Search evaluators or judges are not eligible to enter the Regeneron Science Talent Search. Anyone who has mentored current year student applicants are not eligible to serve as evaluators or judges.
6. Continuation research projects and research completed over any length of time in any year of school is eligible for Regeneron STS.
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you...View Details Be Bold Scholarship - $25,000
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application...View Details Niche 2K No Essay College Scholarship - $2,000
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools...View Details SP Scholarship - $2,500
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students...View Details 10 Words or Less Scholarship - $1,000
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25...View Details