Scholarship Sponsored by LeadMN
The LeadMN Leadership Scholarship rewards emerging student leaders for their community service and their academic achievement. LeadMN Leadership Scholarship winners serve their community in many ways–everything from mentoring Head Start students to organizing youth groups to volunteering as a translator.
A) You must be a current student at one of the 37 Minnesota State colleges or universities (students attending private colleges or the University of Minnesota system are ineligible).
B) Have a cumulative grade point average (G.P.A.) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
C) Be an undergraduate student who demonstrates strong leadership skills and a commitment to serving others.
D) Graduate and PSEO students are ineligible.
E) LeadMN Governing Council Representatives and the LeadMN Cabinet are ineligible for the LeadMN Leadership Scholarship. LeadMN Governing Council Alternates and Platform Committee Members are eligible.
F) Applications are due April 1 at 11:59 PM for fall semester awards, and November 1 at 11:59 PM for spring semester awards.
1) Complete and submit the online application.
2) Submit your typed responses to the following essay questions, which should be between 300 and 750 words in length each:
A) What does leadership mean to you?
B) What leadership skills do you have and how have you used them in your education, community, and employment?
C) What are your educational and career goals?
D) How would this scholarship help you to continue to grow as a leader now, and in the future?
3) Submit two letters of recommendation from community, campus or organization leaders who can discuss your leadership skills (one letter should be from a peer).
4) Submit a copy of your school unofficial transcript.
5) Submit a leadership resume/summary outlining the details of specific leadership roles you have held, complete with titles and dates.