KnowBe4 Women’s Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by ISC2 Foundation
KnowBe4, Inc. is the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4's platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years.
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD: ONE AWARD
The recipient of the KnowBe4 Women's Scholarship will receive:
A) A $10,000 Scholarship to be applied to tuition, fees, books, required electronics and up to $3,000 may be applied to on-campus housing. Award may be used for Fall, Spring or Summer Semesters.
B) A (ISC)2 Certification Education Package:
1) One (ISC)2 certification exam voucher (for the (ISC)⊃2; certification exam of your choice)
2) Hard copy or digital study materials
3) Practice exams
4) (ISC)2 Direct training seminar: in person, Instructor-led live online or self-paced (travel & lodging expenses not included).
5) First year membership fees paid upon passing the exam and becoming endorsed.
6) Exam Voucher and education package may be claimed upon graduation and will be good for one year from date of issue.
A) Must be a female pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity, information assurance or similar field.
B) You must be a high school senior, undergraduate student or graduate student to be eligible. PhD students are not eligible.
C) GPA must be at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale).
D) You must be a US citizen or permanent resident in the United States.
E) May be attending on campus or online.
F) May be attending full time or part time.
G) Must be attending in the US.
H) If awarded: the funds will be sent to your school with instructions that it may be applied to tuition, fees, books, required electronics and up to $3,000 may be applied to on-campus housing. Awards are NOT paid to the scholarship recipient.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
1. Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts
2. One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
A) How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
B) What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
C) What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
3. Resume/CV – No more than 3 pages maximum. Do not include links to publications.
4. Essay questions to be filled out in application. Each answer should be no more than 250 words:
A) Tell us why you should be chosen to receive this women's cybersecurity scholarship and what makes you stand out from your peers?
B) Describe why you need the scholarship.
C) Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
D) What - or who - inspired you to pursue a career in cybersecurity? What makes you a candidate for success in information security and what are your goals for your professional career.
E) When you graduate and secure a career in our industry, what steps can you take to "pay it forward" by supporting other women (currently in school, recent graduates, mid career transition) new to our field?
F) Describe any contributions to the cybersecurity field i.e., volunteer work, articles, etc., and any other hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you. (Do not include links to articles)
Applicants will be scored by members of (ISC)2 and scholarship sponsors (if applicable). Scoring will be based upon three categories: