Fairfield County's Community Foundation Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Fairfield County's Community Foundation
Fairfield County’s Community Foundation has established a scholarship program to assist high school and college students from the greater Bridgeport area who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs.
Graduating high school senior applicants to the Fairfield County’s Community Foundation Competitive Scholarship Program must:
- Must be a graduating senior and resident from any high school in the Greater Bridgeport Area towns of Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Milford, Monroe, Shelton, Stratford, Trumbull or Westport (Town of residence requirement does not apply if student is a high school senior at Fairfield Prep, Notre Dame High School (Fairfield) or Lauralton Hall (Milford) and applying for the Chiota Family Scholarship).
- Be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA of 2.7 or better on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent unless specified by specific fund).
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Plan to attend an accredited two-year or four-year college or university or post-high school vocational training unless specified by specific fund.
- Demonstrate good moral character, good citizenship and a commitment to the community.
- Participate in extra-curricular activities.
Current undergraduate or graduate applicants to the Fairfield County’s Community Foundation Competitive Scholarship Program must:
- Be a current undergraduate (NOT an incoming freshman) or graduate student enrolled in a program at an accredited college, university or vocational school, or specialized study program
- Have a connection to the greater Bridgeport area either as a native resident, high school graduate, or current resident, as stated in the specific scholarship’s requirements. The greater Bridgeport area consists of nine towns: Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Milford, Monroe, Shelton, Stratford, Trumbull, or Westport. See scholarship criteria for more specific details. NOTE: This criterion does not apply for students enrolled at Sacred Heart University applying for the Megan Cobb & Jason Kern Scholarship.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Demonstrate a history of academic achievement (minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.)
The program consists of many separate scholarship funds administered by Fairfield County’s Community Foundation. Some funds have additional eligibility requirements as noted on the following tabs.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- Financial need
- A statement of educational and career goals and objectives
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
- An online recommendation
Students may apply for up to four scholarships for which they are eligible using the on-line application. Students may receive a maximum of two awards if they meet eligibility requirements. Financial need will be considered. Recipients must demonstrate need.
Depending upon the fund, selection of recipients and/or finalists will be made by Scholarship America. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.Go to Scholarship Application
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you...View Details Be Bold Scholarship - $25,000
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application...View Details Niche 2K No Essay College Scholarship - $2,000
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools...View Details SP Scholarship - $2,500
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students...View Details 10 Words or Less Scholarship - $1,000
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25...View Details